“AEG 9-PIECE KIT GIVEAWAY” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the AEG 9-Piece Kit giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree to these Terms and Conditions, which will at that time, become binding between you and us.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 04:30pm NZST on 10/08/23 and closes at 08:30pm NZST on 10/08/23 (“Promotional Period”).
5. Before the commencement of and during the Promotional Period the Promoter will post a promotional post on their official website https://www.aegpowertools.co.nz/ containing instructions on how to enter, details about the promotion and information about the AEG giveaway prize (“Promotional Posts”).
6. To enter, individuals must attend the NZ's first Brewery Night located at Beers by Bacon Brothers, 477B Blenheim Road, Sockburn, Christchurch during the Promotion Period and complete a Promotion registration and entry form and provide the form to the Promotion event staff. The form will require the following details: name, company name, address, email, and phone number. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entry into the Promotion is free however you must attend the NZ's first Brewery Night event to register and be eligible to enter the Promotion.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such person are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, entrants’ profiles must be on public display and contain adequate details to allow the Promoter to identify the entrant for the entrant to be eligible for entry.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted, only one (1) entry per person is permitted. If an entrant completes multiple entries they will be disqualified.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request identification documentation from an entrant and/or to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The judging will take place at Techtronic Industries N.Z. Limited, Unit c/70 Business Parade South, East Tamaki, Auckland, 2023, on 14/08/2023 at 10:00am NZST. A winner will be selected randomly by chance from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The judges will randomly draw a winner and may select additional reserve winning entries, and record them in order of selection, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant or if a prize is forfeited.
13. The winner will be notified by phone or email by 16 August 2023. The winner must respond to claim the prize by 12:00pm NZST on 21 August 2023 otherwise the prize will be forfeited and issued to the reserve winning entry.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
15. One (1) valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win one prize only.
16. There is only one (1) prize to be won. The prize is: 1 x AEG 18V 9-PIECE FUSION/BRUSHLESS 6.0AH COMBO KIT. Which includes one 18V FUSION Heavy-Duty Hammer Drill, 18V FUSION 6-Mode Impact Driver, 18V FUSION 184mm Circular Saw, 18V 125mm FUSION Paddle Switch Angle Grinder, 18V Brushless Multi-Tool, 18V FUSION Reciprocating Saw, 18V FUSION SDS+ Rotary Hammer drill, 18V Brushless 1/2" Impact Wrench, 18V LED Compact Torch, 2 x 6.0Ah Batteries, 18V Battery Charger and 2 x Carry bags – RRP NZD$2,199.
17. The prize is valued at up to RRP NZD$2,199.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal or higher value and/or specification. Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, delivery may take longer due to external variables outside of the Promoter’s control (E.g. delays with the freight forwarder or the supply chain).
19. Total prize pool value up to RRP NZD$2,199
20. A prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments (“Content”) where applicable. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin, or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms in this clause and any other term in these Terms and Conditions.
22. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, or modifies or purports to limit, exclude, or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) or use of a prize; (g) or the Promotion.
28. The promoter is Techtronic Industries N.Z. Limited, Unit c/70 Business Parade South, East Tamaki, Auckland, 2013 (Promoter).
29. The laws of New Zealand apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive Jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.