“AEG PRODUCT REVIEW PROMOTION”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entries into the promotion open on 01/07/2023 and close at 11:59PM AEST on 29/02/2024 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must have purchased any registerable AEG product from the eligible ranges outlined below (“Eligible Product”) and have not previously registered the product. For Australian residents see www.aegpowertools.com.au and for New Zealand residents see www.aegpowertools.co.nz for more details on the AEG products that can be registered. For clarity, only AEG products purchased on or after 01/06/2017 can be registered. AEG products can be purchased from any retailer nationally that is authorised to stock/sell AEG products. AEG products purchased second hand or via re-sale websites (such as eBay) are not eligible. Products do not have to be purchased during the Promotional Period to be eligible for this promotion.
- AEG 18V
- AEG 58V
- AEG Accessories
6. To enter the promotion and receive an entry into the relevant Monthly Draw (as defined below), individuals must then undertake the following steps during the relevant Monthly Entry Period (as defined below):
- Visit www.aegpowertools.com.au (for Australian residents) and www.aegpowertools.co.nz (for New Zealand residents) follow the prompts to (a) become a My AEG member; and (b) register their AEG product;
- Once registered, they will receive an email (within the first ten (10) days of registration) inviting them to participate in a product review. To review their product, individuals will need to click on the link within the email and follow the prompts to review their product. Upon submitting their review, individuals will receive one (1) entry into the relevant Monthly Draw (as defined below). For clarity, in the case of the last Monthly Draw (as defined below), all registrations must take place by 11:59pm AEST on 29/02/2024 to allow enough time for the email inviting them to participate in the promotion to be sent and received. If a person registers on or after 11:59pm AEST on 29/02/2024, there is no guarantee that they will receive an email in time for the purposes of this promotion.
Only reviews submitted via the official AEG website/link will be deemed valid. Reviews submitted on any other 3rd party website including the Bunnings website are not eligible for this promotion. All reviews will be moderated and must be coherent, non-abusive and must also be linked to an AEG product that has been registered. Product reviews cannot be submitted for AEG products that have been registered or previously reviewed prior to 30/10/2022.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry is permitted per AEG product registered and reviewed in accordance with Clause 6 above; (b) entrants can only review each AEG product once; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
8. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each calendar month of the Promotional Period, for a total of eight (8) draws (“Monthly Draws”). Entries into each Monthly Draw will open at 12am on the first calendar day of each month and close at 11.59pm NSW local time on the last calendar day of each month (each a “Monthly Entry Period”). Each Monthly Draw will take place at 4:00pm AEST/AEDST (as the case requires) at Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd, 31 Gilby Road, Mount Waverley VIC 3149 on the dates outlined in the table below. Entries in each Monthly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Monthly Draw(s). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified by email within seven (7) business days of the relevant Monthly Draw date. Winners’ names will be published online at www.aegpowertools.com.au/winners (for Australian winners) and https://www.aegpowertools.co.nz/articles/competition-results (for New Zealand winners) on the same date as the Monthly Draw in which they were drawn as outlined in the table below.
|1 - July
|2 - August
|3 - September
|4 - October
|5 - November
|6 - December
|7 - January
|8 - February
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will win one of the below prizes depending on the range of their Eligible Product:
||AEG 18V 5AH FORCE Battery Twin Pack RRP: $299
|AEG 58V item
||58V 4AH ULTIMATE Battery RRP: $299
||AEG 18V 5AH FORCE Battery Twin Pack RRP: $399
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take / a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Total prize pool value is up to $2,392. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
18. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place one (1) month after the original Monthly Draw (as listed in the table below) at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by email within seven (7) business days of the relevant draw and their names will be published online at www.aegpowertools.com.au/winners (for Australian winners) and https://www.aegpowertools.co.nz/articles/competition-results (for New Zealand winners) on the same date as the draw.
||Unclaimed Prize Draw Date
19. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
20. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
27.The Promoter is Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Limited (ABN 98 002 277 509) of 31 Gilby Road, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, telephone 1300 361 505.