THE AEG WARRANTY
To register for AEG Extended Warranty please follow these steps:
- If you have not already done so the first step is to create a Customer Account.
- After you have created your account, we will send you an email to confirm and validate your email address.
- Once your account is validated you will be able to log into your account and register your tools/product.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR WARRANTY
- The warranty period for your AEG tool is the period from the date of purchase as set out in the Product Warranty Table† below.
- All products have a standard warranty period as set out in the Product Warranty Table†, you do not have to register your products to obtain the standard warranty period. You do have to register your products online and within 30 days of purchase to obtain the extended warranty period, (online registration only).
- To claim under this warranty, the date of purchase of the AEG tool must be documented by a product invoice/receipt from Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions.
- This AEG manufacturer’s product warranty is not valid for any products purchased on Amazon, eBay and any other non-authorised websites.
- This AEG product warranty is only applicable to purchases from Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PERIOD (Online Registration Only)
- You may extend the warranty period for your AEG tool (if it qualifies for an extended warranty period) from the date of purchase as set out in in the Product Warranty Table† (some product exclusions apply).
- To obtain the extended warranty, the registration process must be completed online and within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Accessories, and air tools are excluded from extended warranty periods, unless product packaging or the Product Warranty Table† below states otherwise.
- The AEG Dual 18V 3.8L Cordless Air Compressor is eligible for the extended warranty.
- Chucks, collets, seals, FIXTEC systems, chainsaw chains, bars, trimming heads, mower and hedge trimmer blades are excluded from the extended warranty periods.
- Hand tools such as gloves, QuickStack stackable storage systems and tool boxes are excluded from the extended warranty periods.
- Failure to register your product online and/or submission of a valid Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions product invoice/receipt will void the warranty extension.
- Please ensure ALL information submitted/uploaded is correct.
- Extended warranty is ONLY available via online registration, offline (mailing in of warranty registration) will not be accepted.
- This AEG extended product warranty is only applicable to purchases from Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions.
THE BENEFITS OF PRODUCT REGISTRATION
In the event that your product may be faulty, AEG can better service your claims.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PROGRAM
If you register your Product online within 30 days of purchase you are eligible to extend* your warranty upon purchase verification.
*Exclusions apply for some products - please refer to the Product Warranty Table† below for further information.
This allows us to contact you with important product notifications.
CONFIRMATION OF OWNERSHIP
This may provide you a record in case of product loss, fire or theft for insurance claims.
IMPROVED PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
This may help us continue to improve and design products that meet your needs.
WHAT DOES MY AEG WARRANTY AND EXTENDED WARRANTY COVER?
THIS WARRANTY COVERS
- The product only described against labour and faulty materials.
- The replacements of parts and the repair labour used, for the remainder of the warranty period.
- If there is a fault or defect with the product within 30 days from purchase a customer will be eligible for a replacement product. A customer can return the product to Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions and will be eligible for a replacement product.
- If there is a fault or defect with the product after 30 days, where that fault/problem is not a major failure of the product, a customer will be eligible for a product repair. A customer can return the product to an AEG authorised service centre or the place of purchase and will be eligible for a product repair.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- If the product casing or cover is opened by a person other AEG authorised service centre personnel.
- If the product is not cleaned and maintained in accordance with the instructions for the correct and regular cleaning set out in the manufacturer’s guidelines and product or user manuals.
- If the product has been exposed to water or liquid ingress.
- Damage, defects or faults caused as a result of repairs made or attempted by a person other than AEG authorised service centre personnel.
- Repairing or the carrying out of any work on the product by someone other than an authorised AEG service centre repair personnel.
- Wear and tear due to abnormal and/or excessive use. Parts such as carbon brushes, bearings, seals, o rings etc. must be regularly inspected so that the wear and tear on such parts do not lead to failure of the tool. For optimum performance the tool should be inspected regularly by an AEG authorised service centre.
- Wear and tear of consumable parts/accessories.
- Abuse, neglect, misuse, the subject of an accident, being dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, improper maintenance, continued use after partial fail.
- Acts of God, vermin or foreign matter entering e.g. dirt and moisture. The tool should be regularly checked by an AEG authorised service centre if the tool is used near metal shavings.
- If the product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, the subject of incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent supply, or used with inappropriate accessories.
- If the product is tampered with any way or if the damage has been caused by any event of force majeure.
- If the product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- If the product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
- The repair or replacement of any consumables, casings and accessories (including but not limited to grinding/cutting discs, seals, saw blades, outdoor power equipment accessories including decks and guards, power tool casings and guards) relating to the product.
AEG 18V FRAMING NAILER WARRANTY ONLY
- The warranty for all 18V Framing Nailers is limited to 150,000 nails.
- This warranty covers an 18V Framing Nailer for use with up to 150,000 nails. Once the 18V Framing Nailer has been used past the 150,000 nails it is no longer covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover damage, defects or faults caused due to a failure to clean and maintain an 18V Framing Nailer.
- This warranty does not cover damage, defects or faults caused as a result of an 18V Framing Nailer being dropped from a height above 4 feet.
- This warranty does not cover damage, defects or faults caused due to incorrect installation of an 18V Framing Nailer including the incorrect installation of an extended magazine or battery.
- This warranty does not cover the repressurisation of the compressed air canister if there’s a drop in pressure.
To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993), in no event shall Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd, Techtronic Industries N.Z. Limited, or any affiliates, be liable for consequential, incidental or indirect damages or other losses or expenses incurred by reason of use or sale of product.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – CONSUMER GUARANTEES FOR GOODS AND SERVICES
This warranty is in addition to all other rights and remedies you have under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the products.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law and the New Zealand Consumer Law.
For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- To cancel your service contract with us; and
- To a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CLAIM UNDER WARRANTY
In the event that your product may be faulty, please visit the place of purchase or your nearest AEG authorised service centre so a qualified technician can assess if the product qualifies for warranty repairs and if so, assess the product and diagnose any issues and make warranty repairs, if necessary.
For service in Australia, the customer should contact the Australian Customer Service Phoneline on 1300 234 797 to obtain the nearest authorised service centre.
For service in New Zealand, the customer should contact the New Zealand Hotline Application on 0800 234 797 to obtain the nearest authorised service centre.
RETURN TO AN AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE
You may also return the product to the place of purchase to claim under this warranty. The retailer can dispatch your product to the nearest AEG authorised service centre without cost to you, or you may return the product to an AEG authorised service centre.
RETURN TO AN AEG AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE
You may return the product to an AEG authorised service centre. You are responsible at all times for freight costs and insurance costs if the product is to be returned for repair/inspection to an AEG authorised service centre. A product covered by this warranty will be repaired during normal business hours by an AEG authorised service centre without cost to you. You must present a valid product invoice/receipt from Bunnings Australia and NZ, Adelaide Tools (Australia) or AEG Onsite Trade Solutions to the AEG authorised service centre.
Customers are responsible for the care and cleaning of their product prior to sending it to our Tool Inspection/Service Centre. Any product being sent to us must be cleaned.
It is an Occupational/Work Health and Safety risk to inspect, repair or service a product that has come into contact with a hazardous substance. If we are asked to inspect, repair or service a product that has come into contact with a hazardous substance such as asbestos or silica dust (in our opinion) we may not be able to inspect, service or repair the product. If this is the case, we will inform the customer and the product will be returned to the customer. Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd, Techtronic Industries N.Z. Limited and AEG authorised service centres reserve the right to refuse to inspect, repair or service a product which has been exposed to a hazardous substance (in our opinion) such as asbestos or silica dust.
AEG CONTACT INFORMATION
Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd t/as AEG Power Tools (Australia)
Techtronic Industries N.Z Limited t/as AEG (New Zealand)
AEG Australia Help Line: 1300 234 797
AEG New Zealand Help Line: 0800 234 797
AEG is a registered trademark used under license from AB Electrolux (publ).
†Product Warranty Table
12V, 18V and 58V Cordless Power Tools (Excluding 18V Framing Nailer)
12V, 18V and 58V Batteries & Chargers
Corded Power Tools (Excluding Corded Compressors)
Pneumatics (Corded Compressors, 18V Framing Nailer)
Laser Distance Measurers
Hand tools (Non Alkaline Battery operated)
These items cannot be registered on MY AEG
Storage (Soft and Hard)
These items cannot be registered on MY AEG
These items cannot be registered on MY AEG